You may be eligible for a special vote at your voting station if you are unable to vote on Election Day – 21st of August 2019.
- You may be eligible for a home visit to cast your special vote if you are physically infirm, disabled or pregnant and as a result unable to visit your voting station on Election Day
- Special voting takes place on Monday the 19th and Tuesday the 20th or August 2019, set in the Election Timetable, which is usually the day before the by-election day.
- Special vote applications must be submitted during a set period as specified in the election timetable (usually about two weeks before the by-election date) – which is Monday the 5th – Wednesday the 8th of August 2019.
- You can apply at the local IEC office where the by-election is taking place, or online at http://www.elections.org.za, or by SMSing your ID number to 32249 ( R1 per SMS)
- You will be notified of the progress of your application.
- Only voters whose applications are approved (successful) may cast a special vote.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO POSTAL VOTES ARE ALLOWED.
YOU HAVE TO BE HERE ON THE DAYS OF THE ELECTIONS.
If you need more information, please contact Judy Harrison on (083) 266-1200.